Are you ready for a change? Have you been thinking about renovating your home? A complete home renovation can be an extremely stressful project but do not let that deter you from beautifying your home. Schaefer Home Remodeling will be able to work with you every step the way so that your renovation goes smooth and is actually enjoyable!
Here are some steps you should follow prior to the renovation your home.
1. Create A Wish List – Everyone has different taste and styles of living so start by writing your personal “wish list”. What do you want to get out of this renovation? What is important to you and your family?
2. Think About Budget – In simple terms; How much do you want to spend? How much can you afford to spend? Renovations can have a huge price range depending on the size, finishings, and contractor that you use.
3. Interview General Contractors – You must be comfortable working with your contractor since you will have to interact with them frequently. The overall cost of you project may be a little bit higher when working with a general contractor since they will be “orchestrating” the entire project and this comes at a cost.
4. Have A Plan – Depending on the scope of the project you may need to hire a architect to draw a scaled plan so that the contractor will have something to go by and be able to accurately price the project.
5. Get Your Permits – Of course you will have to run everything by your municipality in order to get the proper permits. This may be your responsibly depending on the deal that you have worked out with your contractor, if you already hired one.
6. Let The Construction Begin – Once you have a plan, have secured your permits, and have hired a contractor the building process can begin. Get ready to see the transformation first hand!
Keep your eyes open for our next post which will cover the steps taken once construction has commenced. Schaefer Home Remodeling is a licensed contractor in NJ that specializes in exterior renovations and additions. Contact our sales staff for a free consultation or with any questions about a future renovation.